Website The Washington Trust Company
Senior Auditor (Hybrid Remote/On-site)
Washington Trust Main Office, 23 Broad Street, WESTERLY, Rhode Island, United States of America – Req #792
Date Posted: July 25, 2022
Washington Trust is a special place because of our people. We believe employees who are valued, recognized, rewarded and empowered will achieve personal and professional goals. We hire the best people in the business and are always looking for professionals who will uphold our core values of quality, integrity and community.
The Washington Trust Company has a challenging opportunity for an experienced Senior Auditor to support and lead various internal auditing functions and activities for our audit team. This position will be hybrid remote/on-site in Westerly, RI. This position plans, develops, coordinates, and performs operational audits and Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) related internal control testing under the direct supervision of the Chief Audit Executive. In addition to performing audits and related test work, this position periodically entails leading the work of other audit team members.
· Lead and perform all aspects of large-scale/complex audits, including: planning, identifying and assessing risks, performing internal control/SOX testing, preparing audit workpapers, presenting audit observations to management, and preparing audit reports.
· Prepare audit work products in accordance with department quality standards and The IIA standards.
· Apply effective risk-based approach for identifying risks and testing key controls.
· Conduct entrance, interim, and exit meetings with unit management to communicate audit scope, on-going progress, and results.
· Obtain and analyze relevant audit evidence as a basis for testing, making informed decisions, and drawing conclusions on the adequacy and effectiveness of controls.
· Prepare written audit reports of observations and recommendations.
· Manage audit assignments within time budgets and target dates.
· Utilize and work with an electronic-based Audit Management system for entering and documenting audit workpapers.
· Proactively stay informed of Banking industry trends and regulatory changes.
· Proactively stay informed of Internal Auditing and Fraud-related professional standards; maintain CPE requirements for professional certifications.
· Periodically lead and coordinate the work efforts of other staff members supporting joint-audit assignments.
· Work with external auditors, regulatory examiners, and vendors, as deemed necessary.
· Perform other tasks assigned by Audit Management that relate to the Audit Department’s activities or the Bank and its functions, as deemed necessary.
The qualified candidate must have:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or related discipline.
· 3 – 5 years of Senior Auditor experience in the financial services field.
· Recognized Professional Certification(s) preferred (e.g., CIA, CFE, CRMA, CPA).
· Strong knowledge of internal control concepts and audit testing methodologies, including: performing risk assessments, preparing audit plans, performing audit tests of controls, performing detailed substantive test work, preparing audit workpapers, and preparing audit reports.
· Strong planning, organizational, and soft skills.
· Effective communication and diplomacy skills, including the ability to interpret and communicate complex issues and associated risks in a succinct and respectful manner both verbally and in written audit reports.
· Ability to collaborate and build strong business relationships with peers and all levels of employees within the organization.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools (e.g., Word and Excel), Adobe Acrobat Standard tools, and experience with electronic-based Audit Management/workpaper systems
The individual will work a hybrid schedule, with expectations of 2 to 3 days a week on-site in Westerly, RI.
Our employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, which includes health and welfare benefits, paid time-off, work-life program, and a 401(k) plan. We believe employees who are valued, recognized, rewarded and empowered, will achieve personal and professional growth. Apply today and find out why we have been voted one of the Best Places to Work in Rhode Island since 2011!
The Washington Trust Company, and each of its subsidiaries and affiliates are committed to cultivating and promoting a diverse and inclusive workforce. We seek to provide an environment of equal employment opportunity and advancement to all employees and applicants. It is our policy to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities without regard to race, color, ethnicity, age, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
To apply for this job please visit www.washtrust.com.